What’s in the penthouse?
The penthouse is a spacious and well-equipped apartment, which is traditionally located on the upper floor of an apartment, flat or hotel. Today, the term is used by real estate agents to refer to any unit that has a much more spacious and luxurious floor plan than other units – the features that make them the most expensive.
These luxurious living spaces became popular in Manhattan in the 1920s. At that time, the growing economy boosted the construction of skyscrapers. New York City legalized these attic monopoly units in 1925, and Condé Nast Rosenast businessman and heir Marjorie Merriwe Weatherpost became the first two owners of the attic units. Before being renamed luxury apartments, penthouses were small dormitories of servants who could hide on the roof of a building.
5 Common behavior in penthouses
There are some common characteristics that define today’s penthouse:
1. High ceilings: A specific feature of the attic unit are high ceilings and large skylights, which can flood the light and create the illusion of more space.
2. Exterior access: Historically, luxury penthouses were giatrases of the outer walls and the rest of the building, creating access to the penthouse to an outdoor terrace where residents could enjoy the guests. , meditate or enjoy food.
3. Premium finishes: Because superstructures are luxury units, they are often equipped with premium appliances, hardware and other surface finishes that increase space.
4. Premium Views: One of the most distinctive features of a penthouse is access to the best viewing experience. Although luxury apartments are usually located on a higher floor, for this reason the penthouse can be located on a lower floor where you can access better, undisturbed facilities.
5. Square Footage: In addition to good views, penthouses are sought after for their wide floor plans, although some penthouses in New York can be up to 500 square feet.
3 benefits of living in a penthouse
Living in a high-rise penthouse has many benefits, including:
1. Unforgettable sights: Real estate agents have always insisted that attic houses have some of the best views in the city, which will be appreciated by residents of the entire shopping room with floor-to-ceiling windows.
2. Outdoor space: In cities where outdoor space is first class, access to an exclusive terrace may be valuable for residents of more populated cities.
3. Privacy: The Penthouse offers its residents more privacy because their large size means smaller floor units and often no one lives upstairs. These premium accommodations are always directly accessible through a private entrance.
3 Disadvantages of living in a penthouse
However, these luxury homes have no disadvantages, such as:
1. Higher price: While living in a luxury apartment has many advantages, these top features have a high price.
2. Forklift Rides: Beautiful sights are more expensive than the usual elevator rides or countless stairs, which can be annoying when you are in a hurry or have to do a lot of things. travel in your car.
3. Outdoor space: While the terrace offers residents a place to relax or have fun, this means that residents have to pay additional landscape maintenance costs.
What are the differences between an attic and an apartment?
Penthouses are distinguished from apartments by their premium size, view and exclusivity. In an apartment building, which may have a large number of apartments of different sizes, from studios to multi-rooms, there are usually at most a few penthouses. The penthouses are characterized by their beautiful views, their large surface area, their high ceilings and their high-end equipment.
Are you ready to learn the details of the US housing market?
All you need is an annual MasterClass membership and our exclusive video lessons from productive entrepreneur Robert Reffkin, Compass’ founder and CEO of real estate technology. With the help of Robert, you will learn all about the difficulties associated with buying a house, from securing a mortgage through hiring a broker to tips on how to gain a foothold in the market.